Chief of “Hygiene and Preventive Medicine"
Air Force Medical Corps
Brigadier General Roberto BISELLI was born in Perugia on 17 September 1956 and he joined in the Italian Air Force in 1984.
BG Biselli is Chief of “Hygiene and Preventive Medicine” Office of the Air Force Medical Corps. He is the chief of the Italian Air Force Aeromedical Isolation Team.
BG Biselli held teaching positions at the University “Sapienza” of Rome, School of Medicine.
His scientific work is summed up by about 90 publications pertaining to the Aviation and Space Medicine, Pathology, Infectious Diseases, Health protection in the workplace.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery summa cum laude at “Sapienza” University in Rome;
- Residencies in Pathology and Infectious Diseases;
- Second level Master in “Defense against Chemical and Biological weapons”;
- Second level Master in “Global Strategy and Security”;
- Test Flight Surgeon of the Italian Air Force;
- Qualified “Medical Management of Chemical and Biological Casualties Course” (Fort Detrick, MD, USA);
- Qualified “Field Management of Chemical and Biological Casualties Course” (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, USA);
- Qualified “Treatment Decompression Sickness Emergency”;
- Qualified “Operator of Hypobaric Chamber Training”.
During his military career, he held several positions, as follows:
- Medical Officer of the 70th Wing Air Base in Latina;
- Chief of “Immunology Research Group” in the Aerospace Medicine Department of the Air Force Test Flight Center, Pratica di Mare (Rome);
- Chief of “High Altitude training Group” in the Aerospace Medicine Department of the Air Force Test Flight Center, Pratica di Mare (Rome);
- Chief of the Italian Air Force Aeromedical Isolation Team;
- Director of “Epidemiological Observatory of Defense” of the Military Health General Inspectorate of Defense;
- Chief of “Hygiene and Preventive Medicine” Office of the Air Force Medical Corps.
At the present time is the Director of Italian Air Force - Institute of Aerospace Medicine “Aldo Di Loreto”, in Rome.
- NATO Medals after assignment in Former Yugoslavia and Kosovo;
- Ribbon for the achievements from Italian General Defense Staff;
- Golden Cross for Long Duty.
Brig. Gen. BISELLI, is married with Mrs. Franca. They have two daughters, Valentina and Giulia.