TSA Awards Analogic $4 Million Base Contract for Further Development of CT Checkpoint Screening Tech03 November 2017 by CBRNe World Staff 0
Analogic engineered the ConneCT from the ground up for carry-on baggage screening, with differentiated features including:
- Superior 3D image quality, critical to security and checkpoint efficiency, that helps screeners find threats faster, avoids false alarms and makes automated threat detection easier.
- Reliability that leverages multiple innovations that have a significant impact on operating costs. It features a unique no-bearing gantry and non-contact power system that reduces moving parts, increases reliability, and eliminates brush dust and consumable brushes.
- An airport-friendly design that belongs in today’s world-class airports. ConneCT’s footprint is comparable to current multi-view X-ray systems, making upgrades easy for airports while its gull-wing covers and modular components allow for easy access during servicing. In addition, ConneCT is designed to work seamlessly with all major Automated Screening Lane (ASL) and remote checkpoint screening solution providers.
- Next-Generation Operator Interface that minimizes training and incorporates touch screen capabilities found on smartphones and tablets, and an additional surface rendering for easier shape recognition and faster alarm resolution.
- An interoperable network architecture designed for the 21st century networking environment that features a new software architecture and modern software applications to enable security, interoperability, and use of third party software applications.
From Analogic’s perspective, together, these differentiators provide a lower total cost of ownership and offer a superior return on investment for airports everywhere.